A rare telemeter Nimer chronograph from the 1950s
Movement: manual wind 17j Cal. 22 with column wheel
Case: 38 mm, stainless steel with push-down case back and crown; chronograph pushers at 2 and 5 o'clock
Dial: White dial with overall patina; luminous Arabic numerals; telemeter and tachnometer scales in blue and red; hour and subsidiary second scales at 3 and 9 o'clock; luminous hour and minute hands and blued chronograph hands.
Nimer was a subsidiary of Mulco Watches, SA. First registered as a trademark in 1936 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Mulco produced watches until the 1970s, when the brand succumbed to the Quartz Crisis. Movements used by this company include various ETA and Valjoux calibers, as well as movements by Excelsior Park. While the brand name was resurrected in 2007, the products of the past have little relation to the current brand.
The present watch carries engravings on the back that speak to its shock-resistant, waterproof, and anti-magnetic qualities. The movement is unsigned, but in good condition, and has a column wheel. Additionally, the dial bears both a tachometer and a telemeter, which sets it apart from chronographs of the period.